Cleaner Shrimp Died Today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VAguy39

Aquarium Advice Regular
:cry: My Cleaner Shrimp died today :cry:

I made the mistake a few weeks ago of adding some new LR to my tank and it caused an Ammonia spike. This was about two weeks ago. My Ammonia is back to 0 but my Nitrites are still at .25. I am so mad with my self my tank is now going through a mini cycle. I have cyno all over the sand and rocks. The Shrimp seemed fine though, that is the wierd thing. He just seemed to up and die today. All my other fish seem ok. I have a AquaC Remora HOB arriving on Tuesday so I hope this will help get my water quality up. I have been doing weekly 25% water changes for the last two weeks. Anything else I can do?

Inverts are the most susceptible to the amm and nitrite. Next time be sure to cure the rock in a bucket for a week or so with a power head. This will give the die off time to clear out.

I will make sure I cure any new rock in a pucket before I add it to my main tank. My tank is about 6 mnths old. I had the shrimp for over 3 months. He was my kids favorite(she called him wiskers) :cry:

Well I guess that is part of this great hobby, you learn a little more each day....

Thanks, this forum is the greatest, I probably spend over 2 hours a night reading on this forum...lol

Back
Top Bottom