Cleaner shrimp hiding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Illusion4

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ever since my cleaner shrimp molted last (3 weeks ago) he's been hiding under and in my rock formations. He used to be the most outgoing member and would climb on our hands when we cleaned the tank, but lately he's been hiding a lot and won't come out. What do you think?

maybe he is stuck?!
we got the same thing happening in another post, didnt end well though :,(

It was my cleaner shrimp that got stuck and died. :( I thought he was molting too and i couldnt find him in his normal spots and just like yours he was very friendly then he just vanished. Finally i was lookin and I happen to see his antennas sticking out. I left him alone thinking he had a new hiding place and he set there for a full day. Didnt come out to eat or anything. So finally i tried to direct feed him and i seen he tried to go for the food but couldnt move. So I picked up the rock and stuck my finger in the hole and tried to get him to back out and he couldnt. So I had to pull him out by his tail. I saved him from the black hole but he didnt make it. :(

Sorry for the late response. Im sorry about your shrimp :( that really sucks. Lately mines been starting to come out again, especially at feedings.

they don't get "stuck". it was probably dying from something else and climbed in the hole to protect itself.

I'm glad your shrimp is fine. That was the one and only thing I've lost in my aquarium. Mr x I disagree with you but everyone has their own opinions.

Back
Top Bottom