closeups

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Curtis

Aquarium Advice Newbie
check these out.

Attachments

• close up 1.jpg
    close up 1.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 68
  • close up 2.jpg
    close up 2.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 81
The OP was concerned about this shroom. We were trying to get a positive ID on it and settled on a hairy mushroom, it has been like this for 5 days. He was concerned about it since there were cleaning products used around the tank then.

I think it just might be splitting or just being a weird shroom. Other thoughts?

I'm not seeing anything wrong, but then I'm not seeing a mushroom either. I'm seeing definite skeleton under that tissue and dead skeleton at the base where the tissue has receeded up a little from the very bottom. Kind of looks like Lobophyllia tissue on a Torch skeleton...

Mushrooms don't have a calcium skeleton at all. It looks like it is irritated or reaching for light. Check for what's around it (any aggressive corals) or maybe try moving it higher in the tank.

I'm not seeing anything wrong, but then I'm not seeing a mushroom either. I'm seeing definite skeleton under that tissue and dead skeleton at the base where the tissue has receeded up a little from the very bottom. Kind of looks like Lobophyllia tissue on a Torch skeleton...
is that a skeleton, or is it just a part of the rock that is usually covered with the coral in question, void of coralline algae?

Back
Top Bottom