Clownfish acting very strange

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Obscurans

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 20 gallon long tank that has been running for 2 months cycle was finished after 4 weeks used thr ammonia dosing method. I have a b/w ocellaris clownfish in thr tank with another ocellaris clownfish drip acclimated for 30 minutes.I have 30lbs of live rock and 4 hermit crabs and I'd guess around 20 snails of varying sizes all came in on the rock.
The b/w clown has his mouth open all the time and has been going completely vertical and rubbing his mouth on the gravel. He started doing this 2 days ago. I took tests with an api saltwater master test ki
Ammonia= 0
Nitrite=0
Nitrate=10ppm
PH=8.0
Salinity 1.023 (I only have a hydrometer)
I am running a fluval 50 filter with carbon and have 1 koralia evo 850 creating surface agitation/flow.
Have had both clownfish for 2 weeks now and they are the only fish in the tank. He b/w is still eating although not as much as he was and the other clown leaves him alone. He has started to lay on his side sometimes but rights himself almost immediately, is there anything I can do for him? I'm doing 40% water change today to see if it will help. Oh and my water temp is at 80.4 degrees almost constantly varies by .2 or so. Any help will be appreciated. He doesn't show any signs of disease and I don't see any parasites on him/ in his mouth.

I have the same issue with my clown right now. I just took him into the quarantine tank and added some furan-2. He seems to have already perked up a bit. When I took him out of the display tank he was at the bottom on his side, pretty much dead. He's been in the quarantine maybe 3 hours and is swimming vertical again. (At least it's swimming). I will let you know his status in the morning.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

My clown is actually fine. Apparently he just enjoys carrying rocks around in his mouth. They aren't stuck in his mouth. He freely drops them out of his mouth and then just picks others up, by doing a headstand.

Sent from my XT1080 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom