Coral banded shrimp died a day after walking all over my anemone. ...any info?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cancun

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi! Last night my active and healthy coral banded shrimp was walking all over and picking at my green bubble tip anemone (see pics of anemone)......today the shrimp was sluggish and not moving much....then a short time later....after I finished a 10% bi weekly water change the shrimp was dead and stuck to my second circulation pump......I removed my dead shrimp right away....but I have some questions....first do you think my anemone stung my shrimp and he died because of that....? Second are coral banded shrimp too aggressive? Third is there any cleaning crew recommendations?....and fourth are there any peaceful and hardy shrimp recommendations that are good cleaners? Thanks you in advance......!!! 8)

ForumRunner_20131123_202848.jpg

1st it's possible it died from the anemone but I think if it was from the anemone it would've died quicker.
2nd coral banded shrimp are quite aggressive but will more likely kill other cuc than your fish,however they will charge at fish sometimes.
3rd I have nassarius snails, blue leg hermit crabs, shrimp,sea urchins, cerith snails, and turbo snails in my aquarium. Star fish are good but they grow big so they're recommended for a 50+ gallon aquarium.
4th peppermint shrimp,fire shrimp, and pacific or skunk cleaner shrimp are best in my opinion. They all have their own strengths and weaknesses.

Back
Top Bottom