Dead corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PurplePolyp

Aquarium Advice Freak
If a coral dies, is there any chance it might come back? I had an issue with my tank lights and had to get a new light. The new one I bought had 4 high output t5 bulbs and 4 lunar bulbs. The old one only had 2 of the high output t5's and no lunar. After installing the new light, all of my corals started looking sickly but they've since all spawned new growth and the sucks ones started bouncing back. Except my elegance coral. It just looks dead. If I leave it in my tank, is there a chance it will spawn new life? Water parameters are awesome.

If a coral dies, is there any chance it might come back? I had an issue with my tank lights and had to get a new light. The new one I bought had 4 high output t5 bulbs and 4 lunar bulbs. The old one only had 2 of the high output t5's and no lunar. After installing the new light, all of my corals started looking sickly but they've since all spawned new growth and the sucks ones started bouncing back. Except my elegance coral. It just looks dead. If I leave it in my tank, is there a chance it will spawn new life? Water parameters are awesome.

Depends how dead you are talking about. A pic would help.

If there is no tissue or significant tissue necrosis then i would classify it as completely lost. Its not recommended to let it get to this point however before removing it. Dying corals will pollute the water.

Back
Top Bottom