does this shroom look healthy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

copi

Aquarium Advice Freak
This shroom has been in my tank for a few days... when it first went in it would open & close as the lights came on & off... now, though, it doesn't close up & it looks kind of droopy.

I guess you can't really tell how droopy it looks from the photo, but I'm wondering what (other than poor water quality) would cause the shroom to behave this way. It's near the bottom of my tank in a low to moderate flow area, but I thought that would be okay for it.

Maybe I'm over reacting. I can give more info if needed.

ammo 0
ite 0
ate 10-20
pH 8.1
Ca 450
Alk (high-normal, don't have the # in front of me)
temp 80.5 +/- 1
4.5 wpg, 50% daylight 9 hours per day & 50% 03 12 hours per day

Thanks!

Attachments

• shroom.jpg
    shroom.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 169
Give it more time. Your params look fine for shrooms. If it doesn't perk up in another week or so you may want to try to move it to another location.

give it some more time then move it higher in the tank for more light maybe...

Cool baby urchins you got goin on too !

XXFirefighter said:
Cool baby urchins you got goin on too !

Yeah I got at least 6 of them on my LR (25# in 29 gal)... interesting little critters, but at the rate they're growing I'm gonna have to find them a new home within several months :)

When it comes to mushroom corals in general, the more light you have the less they will expand. They expand their "crowns" larger or smaller depending on the intensity at a given time. From what I can see, it doesn't look abnormal at all.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom