Glove polyp problems?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tooldini

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello,, I have been having problems with my glove polyps lately and can't seem to figure it out. Originally I was told it was problably with these little tiny anemone like creatures (can't remember the name) I got some joes juice and tried killing them but it just didn't seem to work. Basicallly most of the gloves around ended up dying but other colonys of gloves continued to grow and look good. Suddenly all gloves in my tank look like they are burnt on the ends and barely open. I have 198 watt PC's and all readings are good. My salenity is kinda high I have problems keeping it under 1.024 could this do it? All other corals are doing great and growing fast. Any ideas maybe I can save them.

thanks
Jeff

aptasia? Hot water will kill them. Although others have had success with joe's juice I would not put it in the tank close to other corals. If nothing else has changed I would say the "juice" hurt them. If salinity is not above 1.027 I do not think it is a issue. I run mine at 1.025

yeah aptasia is the name LOL well I haven't used joes juice in months and any new gloves grow and then look like that LOL . The colony grows constantly and then they look like that. My calcium is over 450 could that be too high I thought that was good?

thanks
Jeff

Is that coral sitting to the left of the polyps it looks like a brain they could be stinging each other at night that could have something to do with it.

Back
Top Bottom