Green-Chrom-Damlel, problems or not

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

first-timer89

Aquarium Advice Freak
looks normal after 10 days and my question is why does it turn a black color and rest on the bottem when i turn off the light? When i turn it back on in five minutes under the light, it is back to green/blue color and swiming all around the tank. Is this normal and I am just freaking out over nothing? PLEASE HELP

your fish is sleeping. i have a blue devil damsel, that turns black when the lights are off and sleeps at the top. then when morning comes and the lights are back on. he gets all of his color back and is normal. i wouldnt worry about it.

my striped damsel did the same thing. I turned on the light and he didnt move and his white stripes were almost black, I thought he was dead. He swimmming happily now

i hear that damsel's color gets darker when they are "in the mood" if you know what i mean. but yea my damsels do that when they "go to bed" too.

I've got moonlighting in my tank, chromis all group right in the middle of one of the beams all night long. Never seen them sleeping elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom