Has anyone used eSHa oodinex ich treatment?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Corals fine, branching hammer been fine, however :) it did retract early tonight but I think/hoping that's because a big flake of food landed on it for a while, or could be nitrates as I have been heavily feeding to get garlic in fishes system, blue light is on now and is retracted as normal and seems fine, however because of your loss I'm prepared for the worse, if it does seem like it's actually struggling a few days after I have done water changed and skimmed again I will try FW dip then if that fails an iodine dip.

Morning of last day treatment fish look great! Even the clown fish with fin rot is using his fin again :) To early too say for corals as they don't open up yet but retracted as normal not over retracted (hammer coral not into skeleton) I'll update later :)

Coming to the end of day 3 and EVERYTHING looks good! I'm gonna do a water change tomorrow, run carbon get uv and skimmer back on wait a few days to a week and do another treatment just to be on safe side just because I think it's too good to be true :)

For other people thinking of using oodinex in a reef with all types of inverts this treatment really works.

1. Follow all instructions in detail like skimmer off, uv off, carbons out.

2. Use air stone and point a power head towards water surface to get splashing to get good aereation as oodinex strips oxygen from water as do most treatments (doesn't state in instructions think this is CRUCIAL for treatment)

3. Calculate dose correctly, live rock and sand-bed displacement and anything else in tank, for example I have 175 litre tank, 17.5kg live rock and 1-2 inch sand-bed calculated displacement by imagining everything was just as a cube and how big that cube would be in my case about 45 litres and dosed for 130 litre tank. Also I took 10 litres out and measured on the side of the tank how much the water level dropped and counted how much more of that empty space would fill/empty tank. (12 more times so 120 litres plus 10 already taken out totalling 130 to confirm workings). I don't think you have to scientifically bang on with this but closer the better, too much could effect inverts, corals and not enough I guess wouldn't touch illnesses. I did dose on the lighter side just incase, not by much as I didn't add the 4 litres in my filter to any of the equation.

3. Feed well and soak food in FRESHLY squeezed garlic juice as I personally think the garlic helped but other people don't think it makes a difference but that opens a whole new debate!

4. Good luck! Don't leave it too late as I saw my fish really irritated at some stages and maybe a weak fish couldn't survive :(

5. To avoid all of this get a QUARANTINE TANK!! Setting mine up soon!

Back
Top Bottom