Help Ich Problems!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tito2491

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just added a royal gramma yesterday to my 20 long which houses 1 baby tomato clown and a baby 6 line wrasse , well yesterday he darted behind the lr and wasnt to be seen until today when he had some white spots around his face, he looked good at the lfs , what should I do? Please help ASAP could he kill my other fishes? PLEASE HELP~~ :(

Well, you'll hear a lot "you didn't QT your new fish". I know I did when I didn't QT specimen.

Just remember next time, QT them before joining them into your tank.

Do you have any inverts in your tank? Because if not, then you may be able to hyposalinate your 20G long. Your live rock will be just rock after the treatment. And your live sand will just be sand as well. But guess what, after the whole treatment, buy a small live rock to seed your existing rocks and sand and, voila, they're called live rocks again.

If you have inverts in your 20G long, you will have to buy a smaller QT tank to treat your fish.

Ich will weaken your fish. Don't be misled whenever you see those spots disappear. that means those ich dropped on the sand and will spawn thousands more of them. So you'll notice that in the morning, no spots, by 6PM, plenty of spots.

Read up on c. irritans. There are great articles over the internet on this. Good luck!

Make sure that he really has ich before you do anything drastic also. My gramma tends to wiggle thru a lot of crevices in the rock, sometimes down close to the sand. One day he had some white spots on his head. I actually worried myself almost sick because I thought he was coming down with ich. He was also occasionally scraping at the rock (flashing) which further led me to think the worst. I believe now that it was actually some sand on him or something. Note also that grammas actually have some tiny white spots on each side of the head, at least mine does anyway. They are very small and arranged in a line starting just below and behind the eyes. These are natural markings on the one that I have. They could easily be mistaken for ich though. Still, since you just added yours, it's suspect and needs watching.

Back
Top Bottom