help with nasa tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EXVISOR13

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a large nasa tang ,recently I noticed like a crust / scab looking sore on his head above his eye
At first I thought maybe he scuffed himself on a rock or something ,I know no one in the tank is bothering him as they are half his size
About a week latter I saw that there was no change but I did notice some white spots on his body ,I did not want to add any chemicals in my tank as I have corals and wont take that chance and I can't seem to catch him, very fast
I would stick him in a qt tank but like I said to fast and he knows they tank well
I decided to go another route so I got one of those small fish that are parasite eaters and put him in, he went right to work on the tang and the tang did not seem to mind one bit
there were a few open wonds on his head from the parasites being removed but i figured it would heal
Now he looks like a clown that sweated off half his make up or like the terminator when robot part was showing when he lost some skin
it like that part of him healed put pealed off were you can see the inner side, no open wound though just lookes like he pealed his yellow portion off his head ,is this normal and will it grow back?
He seems to be doing fine, eats like a pig ,very active

another way I can discribe they it looks now is like a pealed raw piece of shrimp ,has that transparent look ,again no open wond other then missing the yellow part of his skin

Look anything like this... :?:

juraqua2_small.jpg

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom