Is he dead?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigford84

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have a purple tip anemone that is 2 days new to my 28 gal tank.. he looked great yesterday,but today it was kinda deflating a little,and after running to the store i came home to it all sucked into its base.. now its kinad hanging out a little.. is it dead? should i get it out before it poisons the tank?? do they do this when they are moved to a new home?? please help thank you. pic on left is this morning.. pics on rite and bottom are 5 minutes ago

Attachments

• DSC01929.jpg
    DSC01929.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC01931.jpg
    DSC01931.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC01932.jpg
    DSC01932.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 68
What is the lighting on the tank? Yes, it dosent look extremely happy, no its not dead. But i would give it more time.

the pet store had it under normal floresint light.. but i have t6. one blue and one white. anything i can do to help him out???

Not dead, but waaaaay too early in your tank. In that other thread, you mentioned your nitrates at 40-80ppm. You really need to give your tank 6-12 months to mature and settle down before introducing an anemone or other things that are finicky on water parameters.

yeah my local fish store is not too bright... they said it is very hardy,and he know all about my tank.. he also said normal floresints were just fine and i told him i had t6 and he said that would be more then great.... not going to him anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok he looks alot better...but not great

Attachments

• DSC01933.jpg
    DSC01933.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 54
check all your water parameters,keep up on pwc to keep any trates low,the nem will move around until it finds a spot it is happy with for light mainly but good flow is needed aswell just not too much,you don't want the flow to move the nem.Most nems just need light to grow but it may be worth trying to feed it a small fish(make sure it is well defrosted)I have 1 malu which only needs good light(I have 1x 150w mh,2x fx500 led strips) and 6 rock nems which takes a small piece of fish once every 2 weeks(the rock nems were saved from a bad tank).You really need to upgrade your lights if you want this nem to grow/survive.

Back
Top Bottom