Mushroom coral dying or multiplying?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoeMan

Aquarium Advice Activist
IMG_2139.jpgView attachment 1

Im new at saltwater reefing and just got my first corals last week. A day or so ago I looked into my tank and saw that one of my mushroom corals started pulling off of its foot. Now its almost completely detached and Im getting worried. Should I be?

The second photo is a magnification of where the head still seems to be attached.

The tank is a Fluval Evo 13.5.
Fluval PS2 Mini Protein skimmer
No powerheads just the special filter outputs

Stocking: Two Clownfish, One green chromi, One Royal Gramma Basslet, three hermit crabs, Two Nerite snails, and One Turbo Snail.

your mushrooms are probably suffocating
you need to get some power heads there needed for several reasons
1 circulation to promote oxygen
2 helps with air gas exchange that helps your ph
3 saltwater needs a constant flow
4 helps keep crud from building up on the rocks

View attachment 295770View attachment 1

Im new at saltwater reefing and just got my first corals last week. A day or so ago I looked into my tank and saw that one of my mushroom corals started pulling off of its foot. Now its almost completely detached and Im getting worried. Should I be?

The second photo is a magnification of where the head still seems to be attached.

The tank is a Fluval Evo 13.5.
Fluval PS2 Mini Protein skimmer
No powerheads just the special filter outputs

Stocking: Two Clownfish, One green chromi, One Royal Gramma Basslet, three hermit crabs, Two Nerite snails, and One Turbo Snail.

Moved the mushrooms to a stronger flow spot till i get a powerhead.

Back
Top Bottom