My elegance is dying lol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MahiMahi

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just got this 2 days ageo was open and happy at my fish store for two weeks supposedly now I bring it home and boom it's dying . I have
2 hot5's coral plus and purple plus and 2 stunner strips.. It's in a relatively low flow area and slightly shaded..

Salinity 1.26
Alk 420
Trates 5

image-1748768693.jpg

Have you consider moving it towards the light? Feeding it?
Other water parameters will help as well

Have you consider moving it towards the light? Feeding it?
Other water parameters will help as well

Well I figured less light is better then more to start w , I fed some mysis it didn't take it not surprising how closed it is .
Dkh 7
Mag 1400
Temp 78
Phos 0

Alk is low , trying to decide weather to use baking soda or buy a 2 part...

Well, Aussie ones live well in the aquarium where the indos have a poor survival rate if I remember correctly. I would suspect that this is it poorly adjusting to your alk level.

This is what's left of my elegance , we'll see what happens from here

Attachments

• image-2461518683.jpg
    image-2461518683.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 49
Where do you have that placed? What kind of flow and light?
Hank is right about the Aussie and Indo specimens, but I wouldn't expect something that looks great in the LFS to fail in just 2 days Unless it doesn't like something in your tank.

Where do you have that placed? What kind of flow and light?
Hank is right about the Aussie and Indo specimens, but I wouldn't expect something that looks great in the LFS to fail in just 2 days Unless it doesn't like something in your tank.

Currently top 1/3 placement , medium/low flow ,HOt5's 54w coral plus / purple plus and 2 ecoxotic panorama pro 445 nm blue led strips.

I agree I think I started it in the wrong spot and then moved it to much or something and now I just leave it alone and it's holding steady maybe slightly improving

Back
Top Bottom