Need advise on sick (I think) toadstool

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spoonman

Aquarium Advice Addict
Please help with my sick toadstool. I have been wanting one forever and finally got it and it looked great! It now hasnt opened in the last week and the stem is looking brown. Please tell me what I should do. Should I nip this in the bud and cut off the stem and glue to a new frag plug? Or is this just a stage they go through?

PIC BEFORE:

img_1904546_0_1c02cd2869629089db52649409946b98.jpg

PIC AFTER:

img_1904546_1_448cc9946e0473be1270d127e2022b8a.jpg

Dont touch it! This happened to mine, it looked great then didnt open for like 2 weeks!!! Turns out it was just shedding ;) i wouldnt worry about it yet!

Thanks, I has heard that they shed. I still always think the worst I guess.... Color me happy though. It is one of my favorites.

It will definitly pull through man:) yeah, ours did this for a long time

Thanks guys. I though I was losing it, was totally bummed. Very happy now. Actually looks a little bigger now.

I got an unsecured frag of that kind of toadstool for free the other day. No encrusting/foot, and it started to just disintegrate at the base. So, i cut it into 6 pieces and dropped them on some rubble. Got 6 frags now :)

I got an unsecured frag of that kind of toadstool for free the other day. No encrusting/foot, and it started to just disintegrate at the base. So, i cut it into 6 pieces and dropped them on some rubble. Got 6 frags now :)
Very nice! Would love to see pics of that!

Back
Top Bottom