New stuff appearing!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alarmguy66

Aquarium Advice Freak
I placed my fish all in QT about 2 weeks ago due to an ICK outbreak. I used that opportunity to add 40 more lbs of sand (now 4-6" base) and clean and rearrange the LR in my display tank. Since then Ive been keeping a pretty good eye on my display tank. The water has become more clear than ever before and more life forms are apprearing. Yesterday I came home and these tiny little termite looking things were climbing everywhere, today a worm about the size of a toothpick and an inch long (I swear it looked like an inchworm) poked out of a rock and moved around. The rock has been in the tank about 6 weeks.

I cant wait until tomorrow when I get 30 more lbs of rock from LIVEROCKS.COM and see what comes out of that! My fishies will be so happy when they return from the hospital! Ill dump the new LR straight into the display, as the return of the fish is still a couple weeks off and there is already 50 lbs in there (55 gal tank).

By the way, all signs of ICK have been gone from last infected fish for almost a week now. Im using copper plus hyposalinity to treat them. Monitoring and adjusting the copper levels is a pain, but its worth it. I know hypo should be enough by itself, but I decided to take no chances.

Just wanted to say thanks to (almost) everyone for the advice Ive read about treatment of disease and every other aspect of SW fish and their care.

All the little bugs are probably out and about now due to the absence of the fish. The fish will eat these guys and keep the numbers down, or keep them in hiding. Once you put the fish back in you will probably see them decline again, but they will never dissapear from the tank completely.

Good luck with the treament. Sounds like everthing is going well. :D

Back
Top Bottom