Puksing xenia low kh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steo the great

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a pulsing xenia and it was flourishing at thw start and has now wilted. Initially I though it got stung but now in not quiet sure.

I checked my kh and it was down at 6.1 dk so now it's back up to 10-12.

Would this have been the problem and if so how long would it take to recover.

I have no nitrates of phospahates either. Would this be a bad thing for pulsing xenia? As I heard dirty water is better.

Thanks all

Low Kh can crash soft coral colonies fast, so can major water fluctuations. The stuff grows like weeds under proper conditions, but can melt in days, polluting your tank and setting off a chain reaction. The coral can emit a chemical that tells the other corals like it that the end is near.

If you mean dirty water in the definition it is loaded with tasty floating food critters, then yes, they can also filter feed. But they want pretty good quality water to survive.

Last edited:
Low Kh can crash soft coral colonies fast, so can major water fluctuations. The stuff grows like weeds under proper conditions, but can melt in days, polluting your tank and setting off a chain reaction. The coral can emit a chemical that tells the other corals like it that the end is near.

If you mean dirty water in the definition it is loaded with tasty floating food critters, then yes, they can also filter feed. But they want pretty good quality water to survive.

I raised the kh over the last 3 days back up to 11 now and still haven't noticed any change in anything in the tank.

Its still alive but just barely I think I'll post a picture.

And by dirty I mean a small amount of nitrate and a small amount of phosphorus. Which in both I have none.

And them little white balls where massive long tenticals only a week or 2 ago.

Attachments

• image-3663521997.jpg
    image-3663521997.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 67
I've been putting the powerless in it each day to make sure there's no derbies coming off it. And seems like there isn't.

Back
Top Bottom