Ritteri dying?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Josh Capps

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My ritteri (or magnificent) anemone has been in my tank for 2 weeks now. He has been full and healthy and my 2 clowns have even started hosting, until two days ago. Now it is kind of deflated, it's mouth is wide open and some silky white stuff is coming out.. Is it dying?

Josh Capps said:
My ritteri (or magnificent) anemone has been in my tank for 2 weeks now. He has been full and healthy and my 2 clowns have even started hosting, until two days ago. Now it is kind of deflated, it's mouth is wide open and some silky white stuff is coming out.. Is it dying?

Tank size, lighting, and water parameters?

Died

75 g display, 20g sump/fuge, current USA nova xtreme t5ho x4
Actinic x2, 100 lbs live rock, 80 lbs live sand, params perfect. I woke up the morning after I posted first and reached in to see if my anemone had lost his grip from the glass and it started falling apart. I siphoned it out and did a water change. No idea why he died. I heard ritteris are hard to keep, maybe try a bta next

Josh Capps said:
75 g display, 20g sump/fuge, current USA nova xtreme t5ho x4
Actinic x2, 100 lbs live rock, 80 lbs live sand, params perfect. I woke up the morning after I posted first and reached in to see if my anemone had lost his grip from the glass and it started falling apart. I siphoned it out and did a water change. No idea why he died. I heard ritteris are hard to keep, maybe try a bta next

Need more lighting for one. Would say 6 at least. Also, u wanna have a mature tank.

Back
Top Bottom