Sebae with pop eye

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JG

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Posted in sick fish forum - no takers , so I'll try here.

I have a sebae clown with one pop eye. He is eating ok, but eye is looking worse. Any advice for treatment?

With one eye, its probably an injury. Popeye usually involves both eyes.
Keep water quality high, soak food in a vitamin supplement such as selcon. It should clear up on its own.
If not, do you have a qt tank?

one of my ocellaris clowns had popeye in one eye, and when i read up on it the book said that popeye is usually an indicator of poor water quality. sure enough, nitrates were pretty high. i did a substantial waterchange and the popeye had cleared up by the next morning.

HTH

Did a water check . Also did a partial water change yesterday.

Ammonia 0
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 0
pH 8.2

His other eye is completely fine. He is eating well. I'm leaning more towards the injury theory and am going to wait it out. I'm just hoping it's not too uncomfortable for the little guy.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Really ? How much? He is not in QT. Will this affect the other inhabitants?

yea really heheh it works :) i would start off adding 1 tps per 5 gallons ! is this a fish only tank? ive only done this with fish only and dosed the whole tank with out any issues ! not sure for corals but to double check ! do a search on wetwebmedia and read a few posts about it !! i would think it would be ok though !

Just a quick update and thanks for the advice. For all those who suggested injury - good call. I decided to go the least stressful path for the fish and let nature take its course. I left him in the main tank rather than trying to catch and qt. Kept an eye on water quality... The pop eye resolved itself and the little guy is his old happy go lucky self.

Thanks again.

JG

Back
Top Bottom