sun coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

artur

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi everybody!!! Five days ago i bought sun coral<really big have like 50 flovers> The only problem is it stays close all the time in my display tank. When i take him out and put him in my one gal. bowl to feed then it opens and look great. After i put him back to the tank in half hour close up again. Does it need time or my lights are wrong<4-65W compact fluorescent> I don't think so,he does not feed by lights. I feed him with zooplex and brine shrimps. My water parameters.Salnity-1.024 amonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 10 calcium 500.

I don't have a sun coral, but from what I understand, most stay closed during the day. They open up at night and when you feed them. They are non-photosynthetic so they don't need good lighting and like it better in dim/less lit areas.
Yours probably opens up then because of the food in the water plus it's not as bright as in the tank.

I started feeding mine during the day by taking it out and putting it in a bowl. It seems to me that the more you feed it the more it will stay open. It doesn't stay open all the time during the day but when i was feeding it probably every other day it was much more likely to open up in the tank and stay open for a little longer. And as the others said it will open if you feed the tank at all and at night.

Back
Top Bottom