Swollen eye on Clown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cjbaker

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi I think my clowns been attacked. I have two clowns, two blue damsels and one bananna wrasse and a blue leg hermit in the tank. I've noticed the odd chunk bit out of the male clowns tail fine before but this has always grown back fast and he seemed Ok. Today I noticed a new chunk out and he has a swollen eye. I've never seem any off the fish fighting or picking at each other so I'm thinking this must be happening after lights out.

Any ideas on the culprit and how to treat his poorly eye please.

Thanks

image-3042797850.jpg

image-1682806715.jpg

Pop eye is a sign of not so great water conditions. Make sure of pristine water conditions and do twice weekly PWC`s. I have see this work.

Just done some tested and the results are as follows

PH 8.2
Nitrate 20
nitrite 0
Ammo 0
Calcium 360
dkh 6
Phos 0.25

I do pwc every week without fail (approx 25L) using my own RO water (red sea salt) and can't seem to get them nitrates down.
I best buy some additives to bring the calcium up also by the looks of things, I have a finger coral and a tree sponge in the tank which I feed with some green plankton liquid every other day.

Just had a look at the pic of your tank melosu58.........very nice I must say.

Do you have any tips on how best to tackle my results and which products are best to use?

The clown still looks happy at the mo, feeding well so hopefully he will improve over the next few weeks.

My nitrates have stayed between 20 and 40 for over a year now even with 20% water changes every week. I still have all the fish I started with except a damsel that got pop eye.

Back
Top Bottom