Torch Coral Slowly died off.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

slickricky

Aquarium Advice Newbie
It is now completely dead, but I'd like to get another one at some point. But of course this time I'd like it to live. All tests showed the water was fine, and it was kept in a very stable environment.

Parts of it even looked really good while it was dying one branch at a time. As soon as one branch died one that looked good started dying soon after. The whole process took a little over two months. I dipped it I changed the water, nothing made it stop dying though.

Any suggestions for next time?

Any suggestions for next time?

Euphyllia glabrascens is the least hardy of all the Euphyllias. I have to say this is a pattern I have seen many times with many of the Euphyllia sp corals. Just as a WAG, I would surmise some type of parasite, like a gall crab (one of the theories as to the decline and death of so many Elegance corals) or a nudibranch, or ...

From your description of it's decline, it was obviously not water quality issues, that would have effected the entire coral at the same time. Another possibility is aggressin from neighboring corals, however, the same one head at a time decline, doesn't totally support that option either.

Back
Top Bottom