Urgent help blue tang white spot or ick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thomsona

Aquarium Advice Activist
Tea Tree Gully in South Australia, Hottest State i
Just went to feed my fish this morning and found my blue tang with some white spots on him he looks happy he's been in dt tank for 3 days after 14 days in qt tank

What do I do is there a treatment I can put in dt tank that won't Hurt corals inverts etc or do I get him straight back in qt if I can catch him I will try and post pics

Urgent advice needed :(

i'm only suggesting this because i read a thread the other day about a fish that looked like it had ich and it was sand that attached to the body and then fell off. could this be the case for your fish?

i'm sorry but i don't have a salt water tank so i hope someone who has some experience will step up and help you.

i would not treat the fish in the display tank. i would use hypo in the QT if i was going to do anything.

is the regal the only fish in the display? if so, i would just leave the display empty for a while. by the time you are done treating the tang, the display should be safe to reintroduce it.

then it might be best to treat all three fish, to insure that there is no ich left in the DT. it would stink to treat the tang, put it back in and then have it contract the parasite all over again.
you could also leave it in the DT, feed it well and not do anything, and hope for the best. some times their immune system is strong enough to beat the infestation.

yes, a 20 gallon tank is ok for treatment of a 2" tang. just put a couple short pieces of pvc in it so it can hide/feel safe.

My blue tang got ich too after about 3 days of having it. I had to move all 6 fish into QT :(

My QT is only 20 gallons as well. They've been in there about 4 days now and are looking pretty well. I'm doing a hyposalinity treatment on them for about 8 weeks and leaving my DT empty for that time too.

My Purple Tang got ich soon as I got it home, Im guessing it just got way to stressed being transported.

I bought 2 cleaner shrimp and they picked the ich right off of him. I fed some home maid food soaked in garlic to boost his immune.

Also, I treated with Herbtana for a week. It is completly invert/reef safe. I didn't loose anything.

He prob just recovering. Sounds like he is still adjusting to his new environment.
I moved my tank a week ago and mine got a couple spots of ich from being stressed. He is better now but too he is hiding and hanging by the heater but he is eating..
Little pig was eating the algea sheet out of my hand before I even made it to the clip.

Back
Top Bottom