What is this ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rmckoy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
image-2074004304.jpg
It looks almost like my watermelon zoa but thinking it could be the last of the pest anemones.
Any ideas ?

Attachments

• image-3836476533.jpg
    image-3836476533.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 81
It could definitely be some sort of zoanthid or maybe even a button polyp. It isn't a nuisance anemone because I had some. They're called aptasia. They're usually colorless or just one color(pink, tan, orange) but are transparent. They won't be any attractive colors like that green or it wouldn't be as bad as a nuisance. I think you got some baby coral there.:D

It could definitely be some sort of zoanthid or maybe even a button polyp. It isn't a nuisance anemone because I had some. They're called aptasia. They're usually colorless or just one color(pink, tan, orange) but are transparent. They won't be any attractive colors like that green or it wouldn't be as bad as a nuisance. I think you got some baby coral there.:D

image-987077793.jpg

This the same ?
This is at the opposite end of the tank all by itself

Attachments

• image-2102454382.jpg
    image-2102454382.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 83
Yes, when splitting/multiplying, their eggs can flow to a whole different area of the tank. Definitely not a anemone, it's a polyp.(y)

Back
Top Bottom