Whats on my Flame Angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishy62

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Two days ago I bought a Flame Angel Fish and when i got home I noticed a white spot on its tail. Can anyone tell me what this is and a fix for it.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 140
well if its itch i don't want it to infect my tank

Not sure I had a single dot like that on my yellow tang he was in qt for a month or better and now he's been in my dt for a month and it never changed..... And that's way past the cycle of ick so I'm guessing my tang will be fine I'd qt the angel for at least a couple of weeks to see if it changes.... And even in qt you will still enjoy him or her and the month will fly by a qt is worth it.....

he's swimming really good and eating.. but i don't want him to spread something or get sick

plus his right fin has a blotch or something on it. Its not a spot it looks blotchy. To be more specific its a cloudy fin not completely translucent.

I would get a qt even if it's a 10 gallon my lfs sells 10gallon tanks with filter an heater for 20 bucks well worth looking into sooner you get the angel out the better

Looks like lymphocystis. Usually just keeping your water quality very good will help make it go away.

How do i treat it? Also, should i get QT tank for him or just let him be?

I also noticed that his right fin has some cloudiness to it and his tail look jagged on the ends of it.

Also from the picture you can tell there is some cloudiness on the tail

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 77
Back
Top Bottom