What's wrong with my colt ??!! Some one please help me soon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GT96

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a this colt for over a month and a half and it used to be so beautiful. It was "bushy" and a perfect color and it has a clownfish that is always in it -( this was when I only have normal output flouresents. Well now Iv added a 250 watt MH and for the past couple weeks it is always scrunched up. Anyone, please help me . Thanks

Did you acclimate the tank slowly to the new lighting? Going from NO fluorescents to 250 watt MH is quite a jump if you didn't do it slowly over the course of a couple of weeks the coral may be in shock. Has the color changed or is it just not opening?

I second jackdp, sounds as if the coral is reeling from the jump in lighting. FWIW, you can easily bleach and kill your corals by intensifying the light that much that quick. One of our members here used layers of plastic window screen to reduce the light and simply took a screen off every couple of days.

You may also find that the colt won't ever like being close to the MH bulb. Colts don't have a very high light requirement as compared to other more demanding corals. Can you move it down closer to the bottom of the tank? Or even put it where it is slightly shaded? I agree that it is experiencing light shock right now though.

thanks so much, I think I found out the problem- it was being pinched the a rock and was shoved into a crevis, I moved it out of the whole and now it is looking alot better thanks for your help though

Back
Top Bottom