A question about ich treatment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snctified

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Yesterday I noticed that one of my black mollies had developed some small white spots which I believed appeared to be ich. I went to the pet store and bought a bottle of treatment called Cure-Ich, produced by Aquarium Products. It says to add a capful of it for every 10 gallons, which is the size of my tank, and to repeat the process every 24 hours until the ich has disappeared. I used it yesterday afternoon, and my water still has a bluish tint to it this morning. I forgot to shake the bottle before using it, as I noticed later on the bottle it said to do. I am hoping this is not a problem that will come back to haunt me, but I do not know since I have never used the stuff before. Does anyone who has used this treatment, or one like it, who can tell me if the water clears up naturally over time? Or am I going to need to begin changing out the water? Also, I had a marble molly give birth last night, and she has since died. But my other two black mollies, bottom feeder, and all the fry I have been able to find seem to be doing just fine. Could there be any connection between her death and the Pure-Ich?

We use Super Ick Cure in our FW tanks when needed.
It does change the water color. It will clear up on its own.
As for the Mollie that died did it show any signs of Ich.
Might have been in the late stages of Ich or died from complications from giving birth.
The Super Cure Ich works great havent found anything that works better in FW tanks, Tried them all even extra salt. never had any problems from the Super Ich Cure, we accidently treated a tank that had Clown Loaches in it and it did no harm to them. When the Ich is gone do a water change and place your carbon back in for a couple of days to finish removing the medication that is left. Good Luck

I also have two black mollies which have a similar problem, I think one is also losing some scales. Use the ICH treatment in conjunction with a general disease treatment and also slowly raise your water temprature.
ICH bacteria struggles in warmer conditions within the aquarium.

This may be off topic, but I'm not sure.

My fish are all healthy, thank god!

However, a friend of mine with a really big tank had some disease problems a while back - killed all his fish!

The fish had been in the tank for about a year - no new introductions.

They got sick, but no white spots so not ick? Anyways, their scales all started falling off then they died! Any ideas what causes this?

I know this is scant on details, so if you can't diagnose I understand. Thanks!

Were the usual test within acceptable parameters (ie: Nitrates, Ammonia, PH, GH, KH, Temp)?

Back
Top Bottom