All my fish are dying! HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

exeori

Aquarium Advice Regular
I had 11 fish in my tank, 2 Odessa barbs, 5 cherry barbs 1 Cory catfish, 2 loaches and a German blue ram.
Yesterday I added one more Cory catfish yesterday and ever since fish have slowly been dying. All the fish seem very lazy, not swimming and eventually floating around the tank and dying. I checked my water conditions and very thing 0 and a ph of 7.3. What could have caused this? I have ran the tank for about 3 months so everything is well cycled.

4 cherry barbs and 2 Odessa barbs have died so far

The only thing i can think of would be a parasite in the cory cat. Other than that I don't know.

Me neither. Iv been reading and found something called swim bladder disease and the symptoms match that but I am totally lost.

Ok so a 20g tank. I would do a PWC and add extra Prime even if water is testing fine.

Some cities flush their pipes at times or other causes to change water chemistry that we aren't testing for.

Run tap for a bit before getting new water. Add conditioner into new water before adding to tank just to be safe.

Re test tank water.

Picture of your fish ? How are they acting now ?

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My nitrates were 5, nitrites 0, ammonia 0, ph 7.3

It's at 81. I did a 60% water change before so hopefully in the morning they will be in better condition

I found what it was, the water company were flushing the pipes and when I did a water change the chemicals wiped out my tank!

Back
Top Bottom