Angel: anything serious?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sidman24

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Noticed my angel looked a little "beat up" today. His top fin is a little torn and there is also a small hole in it. Anything serious? Causes maybe?

Attachments

• image-2736568491.jpg
    image-2736568491.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 61
  • image-1448068650.jpg
    image-1448068650.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 64
Is this fish alone ? If not, what other fish are there ? What are the water parameters, tank size, etc ?

It's 29 gallon high. There are female blue rams, cories, mollies, otos, and a paradise fish. But the paradise is very very friendly! Everyone tries to tell me she's very aggressive. But actually she's one of the nicest fish I have! Haha. And not sure on parameters, last I checked everything was good. This has happened before to his middle fin and someone suggested he could have cut it on decor

Just because you have not seen the paradise fish act aggressive does not meant it isn't being aggressive. I'm sure you are not watching the tank 24/7, are you ? If you are, you are some sort of bionic fish keeper :).

Of the fish you have, it's the most likely culprit. Mollies can sometimes be pushy, but it's less likely it's them, and much more likely the paradise fish is occasionally taking a run at the Angel fish. So long as it does not do more harm, I expect you'll keep it. If it eventually really hurts the Angel fish, you might have to do something about rehoming one of them to another tank.

Yeah I understand haha. Well the paradise was a rescue so I didn't even plan on getting her! Poor thing was kept in a 3 gallon, I'll wait and see what happens :)

Back
Top Bottom