Anglefish hiding and breathing rapidly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hash

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone, This is my first post on here. Two days ago I upgraded my tank from 90G to 160G. Did lots of research and followed a process.
However I noticed a day later after the tank change over that my small angle was hiding in the corner and breathing rapidly. This afternoon the angle died. All the other angles and fish are doing fine, but today I noticed my second angle is having the same symptoms. Water parameters are fine.
Could someone tell me what could be the cause.
Thank You

Welcome to AA!

What process did you follow when you switched tanks?

What are the actual numbers from your water parameters?

Rapid breathing can be a sign of ammonia poisoning.

Thank You for the reply.

I transferred water (90%) from my old tank (90G) to the new tank. Prior to this I did the water check on the old tank and everything was at zero. Added new water to the tank and made is safe with cycle.I use Nutrifin AquaPlus. Also brought the temperature to the same degrees as the old tank. Tested the water and than waited few hours. Tested the water and then added the fish. I also connected the old filter from the previous tank. All fishes are doing fine expect the angles. I had five angles, today I lost one more. Still have three left BUT one of them is staying in the corner and not eating. The other two healthy, swimming and doing well.

This evening I tested the water and evrything is at zero. Ammonia, Nitrate, Nitrite. All fishes are feeding well

Are there any signs of ich? Many times, ich is starts at the gills. The stress from the move can cause it.

Thanks. I have checked all the fish and so far no sign of Ich. I spoke to my LFS who specializes in cichlids and he suggested it probably is stress due to tank change. The angle died this evening. The other angles are doing well.

Thanks for all the reply.

Back
Top Bottom