Any idea on these tetra?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

miseryindex

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
For reference. All my levels are good. Temp is good.

The bloodfin I've had for 8-9 months. You can see how different he looks from the bloodfin next to him.

The other I just got today and noticed his mouth didn't look right. I could bring him back but if I can make him better without harming my other fish I'd prefer to help.

IMAG0866.jpg

IMAG0880.jpg

Red gills, possible curved spine, stay away. I'd return immediately and be more vigilant of the fish you bring home, he never should've left the store.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The top one I've had for months. I can't bring that back.

The bottom one is just got.

Any idea what is wrong with either?

Top fish should've been culled before ever reaching a store for the spine, on top of that the seriously red gills indicate ammonia poisoning.

On the bottom photo that mouth looks to me like a birth defect, again, it shouldn't have been sold. I would highly question a fish store selling fish in these conditions, that's a major foul, I wouldn't give my money to these establishments.

Top fish should've been culled before ever reaching a store for the spine, on top of that the seriously red gills indicate ammonia poisoning.

On the bottom photo that mouth looks to me like a birth defect, again, it shouldn't have been sold. I would highly question a fish store selling fish in these conditions, that's a major foul, I wouldn't give my money to these establishments.

The top fish wasn't always like that it looked completely normal just a few weeks ago. The spine only started looking that way this week.

All the levels check out. Ammonia hasn't been present. I test for all levels weekly.

I guess the bottom line is, is there anything I can do for the bloodfin at this point. And is whatever is wrong harmful to the other fish? Assuming the water levels are good. He is the only one of the fish showing problems.

Hmm, in that case I'd consider fish TB as a culprit, if that's the case yes it could be spread, coralbandit, matt(and some numbers), and a few others know more here than I do.

I did have a danno that died a few weeks back with a curved spine..So maybe TB is the right call suggestions on how to handle it? Obviously I don't want my other fish getting sick.

If it is Fish TB, I've heard it can be transmitted to humans, so I'd be careful if handling the fish or sticking your hand in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom