Betta Swim bladder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiga94

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My betta fish keeps getting swim bladder. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've fed it a pea and then next day it went away. But a day later it came back, so then I tried fasting it for three days and his stomach went down. I started feeding him his regular food every other day, but it keeps coming back. I've checked my water and everything is fine and I'm doing his regular water changes.

This picture is of him today his stomach has went down but earlier this morning he look huge! Help

Attachments

• IMG_0661.jpg
    IMG_0661.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 40
What are food are you feeding him?

A lot of bettas will take in air when eating pellets that haven't been pre-soaked which may be causing the issue. If you are feeding pellets, try soaking them in a little aquarium water before feeding him. But TBH it doesn't really look like anything is wrong with him from the picture, but pictures sometimes aren't the best for diagnosis.

The first time it happened I gave him a couple pellets but I normally feed him flakes. And yes he's fine now thanks:)

Do you release the flakes under the water or sprinkle them on the surface?

Try releasing them under the water for him and that should help him. It's odd but bettas are like little pigs. They inhale when they eat and it all ends up in their bellies. My female will look like a raspberry if I feed her dry food. Unfortunately it is the price to pay with some fish.

Back
Top Bottom