Black moor goldfish question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blueyedcntrygrl68

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 2 black moor that are abt 3 yrs old.. both of them are turning white on their bellies.. no other symptons.. have put them in small tank alone and treated with aquarium salt.. also used the fizz tabs for white spot..and feed them anti bacterial medicated food.. No change.. is this normal or sshould I treat with something else? havent tested water..gotta get test kit..

There is no growth, its just changing colors.. thought it may be white spot so thats what I have been treating them for.. and no change.. If its normal for them to change colors, guess I`ll quit doing treatments and see what happens..

It is normal for them to lose color, especially like that. I was actually hoping mine would, but not yet.

That is such a relief!! I love these little guys.. got another question for you...off the sick subject.. both of these fish are approximately the same age, but one is alot smaller..is that the male? they came with my tank and I am no good at telling male from female..the people I got them from didnt know either..

No, they grow at different rates independent of gender. Females being slightly larger is subtle and only evident in mature adults. The most reliable way to sex them is that males will show white tubercles on their cheeks and pectoral fins.

Back
Top Bottom