Black skirt tetra needs help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lovemyfish79

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've noticed lately that my 2 black skirt tetras are acting a little weird. Upon further investigating I noticed a hole in one of the guys fin. I don't have any aggressive fish that I'm aware of, so I guess my question is, how do I treat this? Tank is a 55 gallon community with 5 red fin tetras, 2 green coby catfish, 2 frogs, 1 mini pleco, and 2 snails as well as the 2 black skirt tetras.
2erazu5e.jpg

Sent from my SM-T217S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Just tested the water, ph 7.8, 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, 40 nitrate. Everyone else in the tank is happy swimming around. I just recently added the driftwood to the tank. It was in there before but I didn't like the look but have recently added again. Filtwr is a topfin 60 I think and waste changes are 20% weekly.

IME, the best thing you can do for fin damage is to keep the water as clean as possible. I'd suggest a couple added water changes to get the nitrate down at least. If the fish is otherwise healthy, it should grow back.

I plan on doing a water change today and change the carbon as well. They also kind of hang out on the one side of the tank where as before they would swim all over and they aren't eating like they should. I literally put bloodworms right in their face and they passed?

Sent from my SM-T217S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom