bloated fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cbk.o4

Aquarium Advice Freak
so lately i have noticed my fish have been...fatter..than normal. it looks like they are gettin bloated, idk if it is cuz thier diet is off. or if it the beginning of dropsy, which would suck...

right now all i feed is NLS community and growth, Tetramin Flakes, and Hikari algea wafers for the bn plecos, which the rest of the tank inhabitants sit there and pick at and nibble on before the plecos can get to them...

i only feed once or twice a day right now..im prolly overfeeding but idk, i think i may just lay off feeding for the next couple days and see if it goes away, maybe put some cucumber in there or some frozen peas, i dont want to try lettuce cuz im afraid all my mts will attach to it and yeah...

what kind of fish it thats bloated? you only wanna put as much food as your fish can consume within 3-4 minutes, it could be that they have mated and your about to have some babies

all of the fish excpet my boesemani rainbow, my rainbow shark, and my bn plecos. the two gouramis and all the barbs are lookin fat. they snag almost everything while it is falling to the bottom, but the weird thing is boesemani eats most of the food before anyone gets a swipe at it..

Back
Top Bottom