Blood Fin Skinny and Spine Drooping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaishalou

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've got a blood fin that got skinny and discolored several months ago - then it rebounded and got better.
Now (maybe same one?) another has become skinny and getting discolored but this one has a spine that looks to be drooping or hanging downward.
It is still eating and I see no other strange things on it. I have not actually seen it poop… This has been about a month long process.
All of my other fish look just fine - I look at each one very closely nearly every day.

Can anybody help me figure out what is wrong? :(

Attachments

• IMG_0475.JPG
    IMG_0475.JPG
    206.2 KB · Views: 74
Once again my Blood Fin is actually starting to look better - it's back swimming with the rest of the BF's.
Does anybody know anything about Skinny Syndrome? Or have any other suggestions for me?
I doubt this is a blood fin issue so I hope other fish owners will take a look at this to help me out.

So I've gotten advice on another site and it is suggested that it has internal parasites. I've ordered medication and will start treatment as soon as it comes in.
The reason folks think this is what it is is because the fish has gotten sickly looking twice now and rebounded.
I'll keep you posted what the end result is.

I've done the large water change and medication today - we'll see how it goes.

This week the BF has continued to look better though… apparently the parasites go dormant in some fish? This must be what is happening to mine?

PraziPro is what I am using - I'll update this post when I know more.

Back
Top Bottom