Blue green-ish coloring after ich medication

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nebulene

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I got a 10 gallon tank on christmas, I set it up about 3 days after, waited for about a week and got a fish, an angelfish, then about a few days later i got two lyretail black mollys, and about maybe 3 weeks after the black mollys got in I got a pleco catfish, whom sadly died a few days after I got him for reasons I do not know ( they were all well fed I gave him algae pellets), and I clean the tank daily, and after his death 2 days later I noticed my fish had ich, probably from the pleco, I was using the medication for about a week and a 2 days. And there are no more signs of ich, BUT there are blue teal-ish coloring on my heater and my thermometer. I know the ich medication turns my tank water blue, but that color disappeared after about 30 minutes, this coloring is still on my heater and thermometer days after not using the medication. Is this coloring normal, will it go away?

Yes I know my tank is overcrowded, the fish are all babies, and I'm upgrading to a 55 gallon tank soon!

The ich medication you used probably contained malachite green. Malachite green is a dye that has antibiotic properties. So yes, it does leave behind stained equipment, glass, sealant etc.

Back
Top Bottom