Bolivian rams Internal parasite?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cold Canadian

Aquarium Advice Freak
Do they have a parasite? if so which one and how do I treat it?
65g tank two fish with symptoms of red worms coming out of a swollen anus, empty belly but still eats. Tank mates,3 otos, 5 bronze Cory's, 5 Glowlight tetra, 6 cardinal tetra, lots of pond snail many plants. One ram has been in the tank for 7 months while the other has been in there for a month. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1445023250.366401.jpg

Camallanus???

Sent via Messenger of Gondor

Ok I've been doing lots so not much time has been focused on these fish. The newer ram who showed the worse symptoms had died on Tuesday. I have tracked down someone locally who can supply me with some levamisole. I should be getting some from him soon. Ill keep posted. Should I also treat a tank that I use the same nets and syphons in because the parasite could have traveled on them? Probably?

Ok I've been doing lots so not much time has been focused on these fish. The newer ram who showed the worse symptoms had died on Tuesday. I have tracked down someone locally who can supply me with some levamisole. I should be getting some from him soon. Ill keep posted. Should I also treat a tank that I use the same nets and syphons in because the parasite could have traveled on them? Probably?

Bleach everything tubes buckets nets
Treat the food and tank with levimisole
Repeat treatment in 2-3 weeks.
It might be smart to use a seperate bucket and contianer or siphon for this tank so it dosent spread

I soak for between 5 and 20 minutes then rinse really well and and then fill a bucket with fresh water and lots of prime and let them sit a few minutes and rinse really well again and let air dry

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom