Cloudy eye...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jodie_jo

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a gourami fish and it seems to have lost its colour, looks "dirty" and have just noticed one of its eyes is cloudy and it has a red pin head size "something" on its fin. Any ideas what it is and how i could treat?

Attachments

• untitled_265.jpg
    untitled_265.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 57
First have you tested your water parameters? A lot of eye problems in fish can be attributed to water quality issues. What size tank and what are the other tankmates? When was the last water change and how much? I would first start out by doing a 50%v water change and giving us a bit more info.

Ok, here goes....

65ltr tank
2 congo tetras
7 neon tetras
1 gourami
1 silver shark
1 plec

last water change was 19th jan, 25%

today done a 50% through water change, gave pebbles a good clean.

parameters tested today:

pH 6.6
ammonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 20

started treating with melafix

Ok I'd keep a close eye on the gourami now that you have done a pwc and see if things clear up. Did you test before or after the pwc?

After; thought water change would be best thing to do so got on with it as soon as i noticed the "sympotoms"

i will keep a good watch on them all and continue with the melafix.

thank you

No, it looks more like a human birth mark, like the strawberry kind... it has halved its size after 3 days of treatment with melafix, not sure about the eye though, wont let me look.

I was informed my tank was big enough to house the fish i have?!?!?!?

Thank you for your comment

Unfortunately you were mislead. The silver shark and the pleco will grow to be far too large for your tank. You will need to upgrade the tank as they grow or find them alternate homes.

Back
Top Bottom