Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-29-2018, 01:47 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Clown loaches have ICH

Ok so just like the title suggests my two clown loaches got ich from a clownloach I ordered online which has died already. My clowns are pretty big and I've had them for quite a few years already, so I surely don't want to lose them.

Longstory short I have been treating with aquarium salt and 86 degree temp as per fish experts advice. I've done this for a week no water changes... 50 gal treatment of salt and I'm am seeing both loaches doing better. pre-treatment the larger one was eating but swimming erratically at times and flashing it's body against drift wood. The smaller one was not even coming out into view or eating, now it is both in view and eating and the larger one seems to be swimming normally and still eating. So my question is... as the old saying goes "if it ain't broke don't fix it" and just leave the salt in and the heat on 86 for the one more week to complete the prescribed cycle or should I interfere and do a water change being concerned about ich that may have fallen off into substrate? Please feel free to advise thanks

Old 10-29-2018, 07:06 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'd run it for another week. I do daily 25% water changes including a gravel vac when I treat ich with heat and salt.

Old 10-30-2018, 12:08 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Fisher View Post
I'd run it for another week. I do daily 25% water changes including a gravel vac when I treat ich with heat and salt.
I think Iím going to wait one more week and complete the 2 week treatment cycle before I do a water change since Iím seeing such an improvement already. Thanks for your help
Old 10-30-2018, 12:46 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Just FYI....Treatment is salt. If you do water changes you dose back up to what you had. Vacuuming picks up the parasites that drop off. Water changes help remove the parasites when they are free swimming in the water column before attaching themselves to the fish. Sometimes water changes are necessary depending on how aggressive the ich outbreak is.

Glad to see your tank coming back around. Keep us updated.

Tags
clown, clown loach, clown loaches, ich, loach, loaches

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com