Columnaris!?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fungus Clear is good. Here are the ingredients:

Nitrofurazone, Furazolidone, Pnotassium Dichromate.

You will need enough for a 8 days. Remember, you have a 55 gallon which is a ton of water to medicate. I suggest you fill less than half your tank so that your dosage will be in 20 gallons, which is two tablets the first day, and 1 tablet a day after that, if you change out your water 50% a day.

Your water filter may have difficulty sucking water when the tank is half full.

That's 11 tablespoons! Are you sure that's safe? That's a lot! I put 4 in and that already clouded the water. Is that safe?

AngelFishGirl said:
That's 11 tablespoons! Are you sure that's safe? That's a lot! I put 4 in and that already clouded the water. Is that safe?

Yes, it's safe, but not all at once. Dose it over 12 - 24 hours for a more gradual introduction.

What happens if you don't dissolve it first? :eek:

I think it's because the fish may try to eat it or you would have it in higher concentration in some areas of the tank which your fish won't like. If you haven't will be ok, pretty sure. I dissolve it in tank water and poor in a little at a time, every hour or so..

Ahh is it bad if fish eat it? I didn't know to dissolve it first and when I dumped it a tiny pea sized chunk came out and my Oscar ate it. He spit it back up (In a spray of particles) but some might have been swallowed :(

since he didn't ingest it all, I'm thinking will be ok, maybe someone else knows for sure

AngelFishGirl said:
What happens if you don't dissolve it first? :eek:

It will just take longer for the salt to dissolve naturally and affect the chemistry of the water as desired. Stirring is a catalyst.

If you have excellent flow in the tank, it would help, otherwise it just takes longer.

Go to Walmart and get a bottle of Clear Water from Jungle Labs. It is Potassium Permanganate. A 30-minute bath in distilled water will turn things around. Make sure you add enough to make a strong purple solution. Watch the fish for any stress during treatment.

David

Go to Walmart and get a bottle of Clear Water from Jungle Labs. It is Potassium Permanganate. A 30-minute bath in distilled water will turn things around. Make sure you add enough to make a strong purple solution. Watch the fish for any stress during treatment.

David

I suggested this earlier, but I think it's risky if you've never seen or done it before. You could fry your fish. PP treatment in the main tank is difficult because of the high organics and the water. Also the water needs to stay a light purple, not strong or dark purple. Dark purple is good for QT plants.

I was NOT :(

No one could run and get them for me/give me a ride there! :(
And yesterday we celebrated my (early) bday and no one would grab the meds for me! Same with today! I'm worried sick :'(
Although with the salt, it seems to have slowed down... Nothing new has happened...

FINALLY GOT IT!! Took 4 'effin days, but I GOT IT!!!

Attachments

• image-1640055617.jpg
    image-1640055617.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 47
Back
Top Bottom