Crowntail betta with fin rot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jadedrain_06

Aquarium Advice Regular
I got Rama for my birthday from my hubby about a week and a half ago from Petsmart. He has fin rot but I think we have caught it early enough and he has not lost any fins so far but has some pin holes and about a quarter of an inch spilt in his back fin. I got some aquarium salt and did a 50% water change in his tank yesterday and he still seems pretty miserable. I want to be safer then sorry and I have my 2.5 gallon qt tank set up. I bought API Tetracycline 10 pack and some non carbon filters to cut down to fit my 5 gallon filter. How much of the meds should I use to dose the tank? I am assuming 1/4 of the packet based on the directions but does anyone know of an easier way to measure it out? Or is it okay if he gets a little more or less? Any other pointers or additives to give him would be much appreciated! Thank you!

Just keep up with the salt and clean water. IMO you dont need the meds. Its only been one day, give him some time to recover. Clean fresh water will make a world if difference. :)

Back
Top Bottom