Death outbreak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rcsguy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello. In my 55g planted tank, I've been having lots of fish deaths. My tank has been lowered from 12 fish to 4 fish in the matter of a few weeks. The tank was cycled before adding fish, parameters were good as of a few days ago but my API tubes broke in an accident (ordered more, should be arriving next week). I'm wondering if there is some sort of disease introduced by fish I bought at an auction, as this is when the deaths started to occur. How could I fix this? It's extremely frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Also, no signs of external parasites or ich.

I would do a large water change.
Also check with water company, make sure they haven't changed things, flushed pipes, etc....

Any fish that could be aggressive ?

What kinds of fish did you have and still have ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ammonia will tend to bounce up when you add new fish in some tanks , are you doing weekly water changes ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll do a really large water change and yes I do weekly water changes. Also, the fish were added about 2 months ago and this recently started happening. I'll see if anything changed with the water. Thank you

Symptoms?
Did you pour the ammonia test water back into the tank? Its a corrosive not suppose to do that.

Symptoms?
Did you pour the ammonia test water back into the tank? Its a corrosive not suppose to do that.

No I never pour back in the tank. No symptoms that I can see. They act normal and the next time I look they're dead.

i dont know then......
check your water company for new changes, ammonia, new chemical additives

Back
Top Bottom