Does my Cardinal Tetra have dropsy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mystic Fish

Aquarium Advice Regular
I posted awhile ago and one of my Cardinals had a white worm thing coming out of its anal fin. Havnt seen them for awhile now but the fish is still breathing faster since, than all others. Its also more scared of me (stays at the back) then the others.

Now it has bloated, at first i thought it was eggs, but its been like this for maybe 2-3 weeks. Its getting bigger, the front of its abdominal has a blackish mark where i can see through its body. And its abdominal at the back is fairly see through now. It does not had raised scales.

Should i pull out the clove oil?

Hi Delapool :)

Well, sometime just after i posted, i realized my other dwarf cichlid has a stiff pectoral fin from what i'd say is advanced columnaris. So here we go again :( I kinda feel bad cause i should of treated it earlier. I probably could of stopped it but i was too busy with trying to save my other one, i thought it might of been an injury then i thought she was doomed like my other one and my laziness just set in. She had a white patch on her head there for awhile, i dont know who had it 1st her or him.

Has anyone ever cured a fish with a stiff fin from columnaris before?

Ive quarantined her now for 4 days, put in Tri-Sulfa and wondered if i should also put in Myxazin. Decided yes. On 3rd day i realized i forgot to give her a salt bath. Did a 30 min salt bath with natural Himalayan salt maybe 3-4 teaspoons all up of slowly increased doses in about 12cm of water in a bucket. Cleaned the quarantine tank 60% water change. Re added Tri-sulfa and continued the Myxazin, 4th day now. I didnt think to put the Tetra with her incase she infected that fish with it. I dont think shes going to get better

Edit: i also read that oxygen helps keeping columnaris alive. So i stopped it on 3rd day. On 4th day when i put mxyazin in again i decided to add the air stone in again to mix it around, instantly she didnt like it, had the shakes and did that agitated flash like fishes do with ich

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 1,021
  • 02.JPG
    02.JPG
    202.5 KB · Views: 495
Back
Top Bottom