Dwarf gourami and a spiderweb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jo060

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 29g planted tank 2 hob filters (50 and a 10), parameters are 0's across the board and a handfull of other fish who are seemingly healthy.
My light is on from sun up to sun down (follows sun pattern). I'm doing 30%-45% water changes weekly.

I have 2 Dwarf gourami who seem to be doing perfect, until last night... I took a look in the tank before bed and spotted 1 Dwarf doing just fine and another laying partially on his side behind a piece of driftwood. I thought he was dead so I attempted to scoop him, and he swam away and never went back to the bottom. An hour or so later he was in between plants, nose up. His fins appear fine, no missing scales or white dots. I did notice that he has what appears to be bruising on both of his sides towards his front.. That's new. I have not noticed any of the other fish bullying him at all. I went to bed fully expecting him to be gone in the morning. I did about a 35% WC. Upon waking up he's swimming around and eating just fine. However, when the current catches him just right, I noticed a spiderweb like sometime on top of his body. It's very small and very thin. I have NO idea what this is. Any ideas?

Edit: I've been watching him for a bit and I don't notice that web thing anymore. It's possible was just floating by near him (though I don't think so). Regardless, his behavior was not normal.

He's not doing too hot now. Eyes are cloudy

Attachments

• 20170427_143051.jpg
    20170427_143051.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 45
I think you just have a dying fish on your hands, sorry to say. It might have been old or already ill when you bought it. Probably best just to let Nature take it's course. I seem to recall reading that a lot of DGs in recent years come in with a particular illness, though I don't recall the details.

Back
Top Bottom