Dying fish, why?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

megi-lin

Aquarium Advice Freak
This week I have lost 3 endlers, I am expecting to lose my fourth. Also, I think a fancy Guppy is going to die by its behavior. My tank parameters are all ideal, my temperature is perfect, I did a pwc last week, added conditioner. I don't know why my fish are dying every couple of days without any signs! They just end up dead. Could an illness be going around? I don't know what it could be. The one Guppy that I think is going to die has some white scales appearing, but it doesn't look like ick. Just, like it is getting discolored. Any help? I am losing my fishies.

Sent from my XT1585 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It is absouletely a bacerial infectrion. It is calle F. Columnaris
Antibiotics are absolutely necessary. Use gram - antibiotics for this one. The best to use are
Oxytetracycline
Kanamycin
Minocycline

Thank you. I just lost a Guppy. Where do I get these medications?

Buy medication, anti itch med. Add half the recommended amount, but twice as often. It will naturally kill parasites. Using bubble stones to keep oxygen levels stable. You shouldn't need to use the med as long as recommended on the label, by a few days.

When your fish recover, do a water change a day later, to level off the toxins in the water.

I got come tetracycline and dosed the tank. I did it an hour ago and the fish are playing again.

Back
Top Bottom