Ember tetras all died for 0 reason at all

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ususjjsjsjshhs

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I got 10 amber tetras and 5 died in the car ride home then the rest died while there bag was floating in the tank. WHY???? They were 40 dollors!

Btw don’t u dare ask for my pH level and all that unnecessary garbage the fish didn’t even touch my tank water ever and the temp is 73 degrees

Well. How is anyone supposed to suggest anything with basically nothing to go on apart from you bought fish and they died on the way home.

How do you know what the water temperature was in the bag?

How long was the journey?

Was the fish bagged properly? 1/3 water 2/3 air?

Possibly you bought sick fish? Possibly something got into the water at the store? Lots of possibles but nobody can possibly say what happened.

Maybe for a first post try and be a little more polite towards the people you are asking for help from.

Well. How is anyone supposed to suggest anything with basically nothing to go on apart from you bought fish and they died on the way home.

How do you know what the water temperature was in the bag?

How long was the journey?

Was the fish bagged properly? 1/3 water 2/3 air?

Possibly you bought sick fish? Possibly something got into the water at the store? Lots of possibles but nobody can possibly say what happened.

Maybe for a first post try and be a little more polite towards the people you are asking for help from.
Ik so sorry, I let my emotions get the best of me I was just so excited to get these fish, the temp insidey tank is 73 and they looked very healthy in the store, it was 2/3 water 1/3 air and the car ride was 25 minutes also they were very still in the ride

Last edited:
So its possible they ran out of oxygen as they werent bagged up properly. Not enough oxygen. Nobody can say what happened for sure. Go back to the store and ask for a refund.

Take the dead fish back and show them. The till should have a record of the purchase. I got a receipt reprinted at my fish store over a month after purchase when returning a heater.

Always get the receipt and keep it until you are sure you arent going to need your money back.

Back
Top Bottom