Emergency care not enough

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meredith

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was picking up a few things at the dreaded W-mart. I wanted some more aponogeton bulbs. The bettas are in this section and I try not to look too much. They had some with really odd colors so I stopped to look. The water didn't really look too bad, except in one cup way at the top of the rack. Who knows when it was changed last. The water was brown and really murky. The poor betta was still alive 8O He was basically just hanging out at the top, his body literally covered in this clearish white stuff. :evil: I took the cup over to where the "customer service" station is and left it, as there was no one around. The whole time I was shopping I couldn't stop thinking about this poor guy, so naturally I bought it hoping to save him. I am slowly acclimating him to clean water. I tested the ammo in the cup when it was about half old water, half clean water, and it was 8.0 or higher. literally off the chart and this is diluted. Before he was hanging out at the top, and now he is just laying on the bottom. I have a tank I am transferring him into, but I didn't want to just dump him in. What do I do?? I have some jungle fungus clear and some trisulfa. I don't know if he is going to make it, but I want to at least try.

Oh wow...what an ammonia level. That is just terrible. :cry: :cry: :evil: :evil: There is one good thing that happened -- the betta had you to care for him and show him some kindness in his last moments.

Back
Top Bottom