Exploding silver molly!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr.waffles1842

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello everyone, plz excuse me for not being very polite now, but i have a major problem. I have a silver molly that wa being very reclusive, and i didnt think much of it til now. i was plannig on taking the molly and my black molly to my friends tank today, but when i went to take my slver out, it was spitting a glass green goo, and the water had a pinkish tinge around her... i put her in the qt, PLEASE HELP!!!!

Wow, that is very strange!
What are your water parameters, tank, stocking?
let's see if we can find the culprit to prevent it from happening again!

20 high, 0 ammonia nitrite and nitrate, 7.2 pH i believe the problem was a fish disease. this fish's mother and father was bought at petsmart and my petsmart is disgusting... Maybe she inherited a disease? I didnt want her all that much, or my late black molly,but my uncle gave me them and i grew attatched to them...

Having 0nitrAte is curious, especially if your tank was cycled beforehand.
Is your tank heavily heavily planted? What is your PWC.

Honestly, we recommend at least a 20% once a week. It helps to keep all water parameters and nutrients stable and level.
On my 20 I change 5 gallons minimum once a week.

Your water parameters were normal, and it doesn't sound like they had ammonia or nitrite poisoning.
If your water was clear, I don't think that that is the culprit. It sounds like you did right by them.
How often do you feed?
Overfeeding can cause constipation and problems are downhill from there...

Sound like it. Nothing seems out of the normal range from what you have said so far.
Random fish death is hard, but it does happen

No problem! Do you have other fish in the tank?
If not, you could theoretically stock it again right away.
If you do, it would be advisable to quarantine any new fish for a few weeks before introducing them to your 20 gallon tank.

Back
Top Bottom